My food systems management (FSM) rotation took place at the Lehigh Valley Medical Center in the Poconos. I was able to work with the food service staff and dietitians while learning about food production, management and service.
I attended a virtual orientation, complete with hospital policies and a facility orientation with my preceptor, where I was able to walk on each floor, visit the cancer center and get a tour of the food service department.
This rotation is comprised of the following learning modules:
- Ethics & Professional Development
- Food Safety & Sanitation
- Purchasing, Receiving, Storage & Inventory
- Production Service Systems
- Quality Management & Productivity
- Human Resources
- Financial Management & Employee Scheduling